Directory Resources Events
Small and medium-sized brick & mortar retailers work hard to compete in an increasingly digital marketplace. Offering critical community data and market intelligence can make the difference between thriving shops and shuttered storefronts. This webinar will focus on five specific data-driven strategies to support retailers in your location.
Providing robust, analyzable data is one important way economic development organizations can help their retailers thrive, especially since small and medium-sized businesses often cannot afford to pay for this data on their own. From choosing ideal business locations, understanding consumer spending patterns to predicting important demographic shifts, data is a critical and often overlooked part of retail success. At the end of this session, you’ll know what kind of data is most helpful to existing store owners (and prospective investors), as well as how to provide, showcase and promote this data to ensure your community is seen as friendly to and supportive of retail.
What You Will Learn:
1. Helping retailers find their best business location in your community
2. How to use data to visualize opportunity for retail (mention of other data sources?)
3. How to mine data sources for retail market intelligence & labour force information
4. Creating an online forum for retailers in your region
5. Reaching millennial retailers and entrepreneurs
View our latest Newsletter
Sign up for our mailing list