Project Manager for Delivering Economic Development – The New Normal Initiative
Request for Proposal
The Economic Developers Council of Ontario (EDCO) is seeking the services of a Project Manager to oversee the creation and delivery of three virtual professional development events to be completed prior to March 31, 2021.
EDCO Professional Development
EDCO delivers professional development events throughout the year. Due to the global pandemic EDCO has been unable to deliver events in the traditional manner. A requirement for virtual training for three separate topics has risen. The Project Manager will oversee the content development of each separate item. A separate RFP for content creation will be issued. It is the role of the Project Manager to oversee the entire project and ensure all is complete by no later than March 31, 2021. The delivery of the content may fall after March 31, 2021 but there are no extensions on the creation component of the initiative.
Project Deliverables and Timelines
- Meet with EDCO staff and Professional Development Committee.
- Issue RFP for content development.
- Analysis of RFP submissions.
- Issue contract to successful proponent for content delivery.
- Oversee content creation.
- Create marketing plan and materials for virtual program.
- Finalize & produce all training materials.
- Confirm delivery platform of virtual program in concert with EDCO and content creator.
- Complete program by March 31, 2021.
Additional Contractor Requirements
- Provide background and education of proposed team members, if applicable.
- Provide documented experience in similar projects – three sample project description my be submitted with the proposal.
- Demonstrate experience in working for similar organizations.
- The approved contractor must provide proof of minimum $2 million liability insurance policy, prior to commencing the project.
Total budget for this project is $10,000.00 excluding applicable taxes.
Submission of Proposal
Please provide an electronic copy of your proposal in Word or PDF format to Heather Lalonde, Ec.D., Chief Executive Officer, Economic Developers Council of Ontario (EDCO) at firstname.lastname@example.org
The proposal is to be submitted as soon as possible, but no later than December 11, 2020 EST at 5:00 pm.
Successful Proponent Selection
EDCO uses a scoring system to determine the successful proponent. An assembled team will undertake the process. Lowest price does not determine success, but budget is a component in the scoring grid.
Conflict of Interest
The consultant will identify any perceived conflict of interest before the proposal is submitted to the Economic Developers Council of Ontario.
Ownership of Collateral Materials
Upon completion of project, all material collected and created will become the property of the Economic Developers Council of Ontario Inc.
EDCO has the right to terminate the contract after each year with written notice.
What is EDCO?
The Economic Developers Council of Ontario (EDCO) is Canada’s largest provincial economic development organization. Celebrating its 63rd year, EDCO has increased the capacity of those who practice economic, industrial, and community development through professional development initiatives, information exchanges among members and the promotion of the economic development profession. It has also been a catalyst for assisting in the development and promotion of Ontario and its municipalities.
The membership of EDCO is comprised of specialists from various disciplines. Each contributes his or her expertise to the complex job of economic development.
The Council consists of:
- Municipal, business and economic development professionals
- Municipal, regional, provincial and federal government officials
- Educators and technology assistance developers and facilitators
- Industrial and commercial realtors
- Tourism industry representatives
- Industrial/commercial/tourism development specialists from banks, public utilities and transportation companies
EDCO enjoys a close working relationship with the provincial and federal governments as well as links with other professional associations.
For further information, visit the EDCO website at www.edco.on.ca